Friday, June 01, 2007

2007 on the road...

2007 has taken me along all those Kiwi country lanes - north & south then north again...urban settings of fast food, pedestrian streets, roundabouts & Westfield Shopping Centres...then the rugged desert road with seemingly lifeless volcanic energy...the forests, the pastures dotted with woolly sheep, the wild rocky coastlines & sandy bays...the sounds, the lakes...the sky...those clouds are really something...tip top hokey pokey ice cream...greasy fish ´n chips...crisp chilled sauvingnon blanc from the local vineyards...
& then there was work...talk talk talk about travel travel & more travel...to the point that I found myself in a constant journey...from Inca trails to Massai villages, joined by emperor penguins & Spitzbergen polar bears...I found myself inventing new geographical links as the cold Mongolian air drove me to Sri Lanka & Cuba...(sometimes enthusiasm often overrides accuracy & practicality until it´s time to sort the budget...)
2007 has provided me with a mega-supersonic camera - so mega that I haven´t even dared start uploading...those little memory cards will remain ´my precious´´ till the next fast link...2008???
Since leaving NZ soil, I´ve found myself back in Venezuela flying over jungle, tepúis, waterfalls...slowboat along the Amazon as well as bring your own chicken & chips jungle survival expeditions... dunes & lagoons in the Northeast of Brazil...more to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home